Cookie Jar Saved!
I love cookies.  I love to bake them, share them and eat them (all too quickly most of the time).  And for the amount of things you can buy out there in this consumer's world it is remarkably difficult to find a decent cookie jar.  So imagine my delight when we inherited this homemade cookie jar (circa 1979) when we purchased Arthurs House, the ultimate gift with purchase for a cookie-phile like me.  Calamity struck though when the lid smashed into a thousand pieces as I was putting it away one day.  But the silver lining  provided itself in giving me the opportunity to commission the talented and amazing Tom Knott, Hornby's local wood sculptor, to fashion me a handcrafted wooden lid.  I wish I could tell you what kind of wood was used but in my excitement I forgot to ask him.  What I can tell you is that it feels so right to have the naturalness of wood next to my cookies.  To sweeten this story, he and his wife Jonni returned the cookie jar filled with homemade cookies.  Now every time I go for a cookie I am reminded how blessed I am to have two new friends.

No comments: