Brand New Day
The sun breaking through the clouds after a storm has passed will never cease to amaze me.  So much so that it actually brings an appreciation for the day and night of continual rain.  Giving in to the urge to be outdoors this morning, our walk brought us to Sandpiper Meadow where I was glad to stop and bask in the warmth of the emerging sun.  As we went further along I listened to birds singing high in the trees, watched with amusement and admiration as a murder of crows took flight to cleverly drop nuts onto the ground and gain their precious prize, and took pleasure in the smell of wood fires warming the homes around Sandpiper.  
Throughout the storm yesterday I marvelled at the brightness of our neighbour's sumac trees across the street, a welcome variation from the evergreen of the west coast.  All this brings new truth to Wordsworth's observation that "nature never did betray the heart that loves her".

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Those sumac trees rock my world too. I think I need to procure one... for my own private paradise...