Best Cinnamon Buns Ever!
I know I have a habit of hyperbole but I kid you not, these are the best cinnamon buns and you can only get them here on Hornby Island.  Bonnie is a baker extraordinaire and a warm ray of sunshine to boot.  I asked her once what recipe she used and she told me that she uses  no recipe.  She learned to bake from the Amish when she was young and literally uses a pinch of this and her own feel to make these amazing, better than anything-anywhere-else cinnamon buns.  And what's even more, last summer she would bake 10 pounds of morning delights for each market out of a small trailer's kitchen.

Her beautiful daughter Mikalah sells her delicious wares at Market twice a week.  She is just as sweet as her mom and makes cinnamon bun shopping all the more satisfying.  And she skillfully manages the lines of faithful followers who queue for the buns every market.
And even though I am one of the devoted and faithful fans of her baking, Bonnie's energy and hugs are even sweeter.  You cannot be around her without smiling, having fun and feeling good.  And what could be better than that?  

No comments: