My hero
I lost my camera about a week ago.  To a dedicated blogger like me this felt akin to cyberspace exile.   At first I lamented ever getting it back but then some of my Pilates students reminded me when things go missing on Hornby they usually get found.  And they were so certain that my camera would be returned as to make my concern a non issue.  I took their advice and like a young Natalie Wood in Miracle on 34th Street, I started faithfully reciting "I believe, I believe, I know its silly but I believe".  A mere week later the ever smiling Peter Panjoyah told Michael he had found the camera and was keeping it safe for us (notice the halo of radiance shining over his head in the picture).  And in the interim my ever-wonderful friends Doug and Rachelle lent me their camera as well as researched the best options on the market for me to replace my own.  All in all, my camera going missing has taught me some valuable lessons; I live in a wonderful place where people look out for one another, I have great friends and neighbours who willingly go the extra mile, and that I need to lighten up about the small stuff.  Things invariably go missing but, wow, when they come back you realize how silly it is to spend any energy on missing them.  At the risk of repeating myself, sometimes you can only get by with a little help from your friends. 

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Hurray for Peter Panjoya! And whew... that was an interesting head spin...