Flower Power

Over the past couple of weeks we have been the the lucky recipients of three beautiful bouquets, home grown by three friends.  I am touched by how each bouquet reminds me of each person who grew, gathered, and arranged them.

I love the Japanese flavour to this bouquet given to us by our friend Lynn, an artist whose talented eye and hand obviously extend to everything in her life.

Our talented friend Janice, a prolific gardener, gave us this vibrant bouquet.  Her flower stand is just around the corner from our house and we are excited to share her beauty with our house guests this summer.
And this dazzling bouquet was given to us by our iconic friend Elaine, artist, farmer, florist and all around institution on Hornby.  She is such a dynamo and her flowers remind me of her characteristic punch.  Be sure to visit her stall at the Farmer's Market this summer for a true touch of Hornby magic.  

It amazes me how long flowers last when they come fresh from a garden.  I feel like a rock star with all these flowers strewn around our house.  I hope they brighten your day as well.

No comments: