Wow!
Living in British Columbia for close to 40 years now hasn't lessened its grandeur. I am constantly stopping in my tracks, struck into quiet admiration. Whether I am visiting Vancouver or right here on my new island home the combination of mountain, sea water, and exclamation point trees still catches my breath. And when the day is clear and the colours bright everything in creation serves to overwhelm me, either in its soul-satiating beauty or its undeniable natural tenacity. I know we all have these moments. Moments when we feel big and small, connected and alone, finite and boundless. Moments of clarity when we understand as much as we need to and all our questions fall away. Holy moments when we feel our piety. Grateful moments when we finally breathe with ease. Gentle moments when nature reminds us what it means to be human and of our place in things.

No comments: