Lazy Sunday

A few weeks ago my friend Doug wrote about a Sunday that started off feeling lazy. But true to his spirit, Doug finished the day collecting greenery from all over the island and made his first-ever Christmas wreath. It was pretty beautiful, too. Well, today I just lazed. I woke up slow and spent my morning in bed, languishing in a half sleep. As the morning wore on I couldn't shake the feeling so finally, I surrendered to it. I spent the afternoon with my neighbour Ed and we talked about Tai Chi, Pilates and family while working together to build a fence. I called my mom and my aunt, left a funny message for my friend Susi, and called Dong and Rachelle to laugh. Afterwards, a beautiful dinner and lots of laughs with my dear love. I think I'll top it off with a walk in the rain. A perfectly lazy, friendly west coast Sunday. Hey, I got something done after all.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Who you callin' Dong!?

BTW, when I came by to deliver the chopsaw you weren't just spending the afternoon with Ed, you were MIXING FREAKIN' CONCRETE!! Lazy Sunday, My ass! You wouldn't know a lazy Sunday if it rolled over in bed and crushed you!

But first my hunger pains are stickin' like duct tape.
Let's hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes.
No doubt that bakery's got all da bomb frostins.
I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling.
Two, no six, no twelve, BAKERS DOZEN.
I told you that I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin.