Do my firefighter pants make my ass look fat?
Last October I joined Hornby Island's Volunteer Fire and Rescue department. As a rookie I train two nights a week, taking the same training paid firefighters in the city receive. The entire department take part in training me and, slowly, my skills are building. The firefighters are super inspiring; smart, professional, efficient, wonderful people and great role models.
Before I moved here I never even dreamed I would become a firefighter. But living somewhere small like Hornby allows you the opportunity to know your neighbours. And that made me want to lend my hand to my community. I quickly realized that the fire department was where I could make the biggest contribution. My friend Doug, the deputy fire chief, is a major inspiration. Hearing his experiences and knowing first hand how much he gives inspired me to do my part.

Mostly this post is to prove to my dear friend Alisha in Vancouver that I wasn't joking when I told her I joined the FD. Hey Leesh, you can stop laughing now. I can hear you from way over here.

3 comments:

YAN said...

Am very very proud of you. Uncle YanChak

Rachelle said...

Do those pants make your what look what?! You only look smokin' my friend!!

Cindy said...

Well.....