Seasons Of Love*
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?
How about love?
Measure in love
Seasons of love
H0w do you measure the life
Of a woman or a man?
In truths that she learned
Or in the times that he cried
It's time now - to sing out
Tho' the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember a year in the life of friends
Remember the love
2010 saw our lives change. We moved from Vancouver to Hornby Island, from city to country living. At first I felt such a loss of identity and grieved over missing family and friends. I never thought that distance and time would teach me that love never ends. Letting go of one life made my loves more precious and only opened the way for more love. We began a holiday rental business and met wonderful people, Michael and I grew closer (something I didn't know was possible), and we have gained more time for everything. I am not a wise man nor a wealthy one but, wow, am I blessed and lucky. Life continues to open before me and new wonders appear everyday.

*Seasons Of Love lyrics(abridged) by Jonathon Larson, from his musical Rent

1 comment:

Doug said...

Such a gorgeous blog entry! We're so happy you guys are here! Happy New Year. See you at the polar bear swim.