Anne
It never ceases to amaze me how quietly talented people are who live on Hornby Island. I went to Anne's last week in the midst of her crafting this beautiful wreath which she gave to her neighbour and friend Susan. Just the weekend prior she taught a wreath making workshop to HUGGS (Hornby's United Grandmothers and Grand Sisters, who raise funds to assist African grandmothers who are raising their AIDS orphaned grandchildren).

Anne's spirit is a gift of joy. I feel good just being around her, talking with her, seeing whatever her energy touches. I don't know her well but, to me, she approaches her life with the soul of an explorer. She learns from her mistakes and has a wonderful childlike sense of curiosity and playfulness. Her heart is open and generous and, wow, what a smile.

No comments: