Janice's Flowers
Our friends Janice and Doug came over for dinner last weekend and she brought us these brilliant flowers from her garden. Can you imagine, at the end of October? Janice is a gifted gardener born from years of experience and hard work. She has a roadside stand where she sells her wares during the summer and I always admired them when I drove by (a little dangerous I know but doesn't beauty always grabs our attention?). Janice and Doug are staunch believers that they live in the most beautiful place on earth. Their passion and warmth helped me to let go of my city life and transition to living here on Hornby. They helped to open my eyes to, well, everything around me; the trees, the air, the eagles, the light, the sea, the sky, the clouds, the wind, the plants, the deer, and most especially, the people.

No comments: