A tisket a tasket...
Take a look at my new basket! I spent the weekend at a weaving workshop here on Hornby Island with Alastair Heseltine, who miraculously taught my inexperienced hands to create this beauty. As with anything of worth, so much skill and consideration goes into making a basket. And as proud and happy as I am with mine, I so wish you could see the gorgeous basket Alastair made. In my opinion, Alastair should be considered a national treasure. He is a generous, patient, gifted and inspiring master. Having worked with willow for over 30 years, Alastair's weaving is like a moving medition. You can feel his sensitivity to the material, to his hands and to the creative energy inside him. All said, I can't wait for another opportunity to learn from him and to make more with my own hands.

No comments: